We all know how important it is to eat a wide range of fruit and vegetables as part of a healthy balanced diet. It is sometimes hard to fit in the amounts which we should eat, especially if we lead busy or hectic lives. We’ve got a great way to increase the amount of fruit and veg you eat on a daily basis, with very little effort!
Yes you know, the delicious drink which can boost your health and reduce your waistline.
If you want to know how to build the healthiest smoothie, then read on…
Mix and match the ingredients based on the amounts below:
- Vegetable base: 1 large handful of leafy green veg such as kale, spinach or beet leaves.
- Fruit flavours: 2-3 different fruit or vegetables of different colours. Berries, apples and bananas are great
- Protein: add in some protein to help your smoothie fill you up for longer: nuts are fab!
- Healthy fats: again, fats help to make the smoothie fill you up. Seeds and avocado are good options, or even coconut oil
- Liquid top up: water, coconut water or nut milk are good ideas to give your smoothie a nice texture
We recommend pouring your smoothie over ice to give it a luxurious, milkshake feel! You can go wild with the ingredients and have as totally different smoothie every day of the week. It’s a great way to increase your vitamins and mineral intake, as well as healthy fibre and nourishment for the skin, hair and body.